Friday, November 16, 2018

Two Sport Class Racers

I was looking at photos for prop blur.  I haven't worked too much with speed priority, and when I've tried the results were not stellar.  Something to work for next year.  But what I'm seeing is, in round numbers, that shots with 1/1000 second will get a little blur.  What I really want to avoid is a straight prop where you can read the Hamilton Propeller sticker.  And I have a few of them.  Being a rookie at this, I was just tossing the camera and lens around with ISO and aperture set, speed be damned.  But to catch the prop blur of a plane in flight, I need to be under 1/1000 and probably closer to 1/600.  Of course, I'll forget this next year.
So here are two in the Sport class.  It is cropped pretty tight, and was shot in 1.3 mode.  I did test it on the monitors - and it was OK.  The subjects remain fairly sharp.


ISO 100, f/6.3, 1/1250 sec, 480 mm

I like the diverse colors between the two airplanes.  The whites, blues, yellows and dark reds get to me in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment