Sunday, November 4, 2018

Patriots Inside Loop

Of all the air show maneuvers, the one that appeals to me the most is the inside loop.  Just plain graceful.  For one aircraft, I bet is is one of the easiest maneuvers to do.  Easy being relative.  In a group formation, I'd think it is more difficult in that then aerodynamics are, again, easy but the concentration has to be very intense.  Enough of my guessing.
For photography reasons, the trailing smoke is great.  If I was to teach a class on the 'telling a story' aspect of photography, I'd use photographs like this.  The story is easy to follow.
This is also a photograph where less is more.  I did very little post processing on this.  I let PS handle the lighting levels.  I usually add some sharpening at the end in my workflow, but that didn't work here.  Good out of the box.  And there were no annoying objects to remove.


ISO 800, f/6.3, 1/3200 sec, 450 mm

This shot is in the DX mode, full sensor.  This is at the end of the lens reach.  I am really happy with the clarity.  The focus holds up.  Have I said before that lens is pretty awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment