Sunday, November 11, 2018

You can take the boy out of Pittsburgh.......

Back from spending a few days in SW Pennsylvania.  There was a certain amount of work to be done at the family house but once the tasks were completed I could spend a few days in Pittsburgh.
Despite the fact I'm from that area, I have no real good pictures of town.  The weather didn't entirely cooperate, but it could have been worse.  Friday's rain was a stopper, but Saturday's cold I could deal with.
There is a very nice overlook that face north looking over the Monongahela River.  That was the target for the day, as well as paying a visit to the Tree of Life Synagogue Memorial in Squirrel Hill.
Saturday was sunny, with passing clouds and cold.  Pittsburgh windy cold.  
My sister, who has many of my photos framed and displayed in her home has no Pittsburgh images from me.  That has to change.
I know there are two 'keepers' from the weekend.  There will be some form of skyline and there is one incline photo.  (That will be posted soon.)
This photo is a panorama.  The finished photo is 35x15 inches.  There are 21 images (portrait) there were blended into this one.  What is shown is the center, there is more on each side, but it didn't format well for display.  For single shot skylines, there isn't as much 'information' in the image, but there also isn't as much panorama distortion.  In the end, it's all about learning.
Side story:  While I was shooting the panorama photographs, there was a couple next to me that said their phone camera was inadequate next to what I was doing and my equipment.  I replied, just depends on what you want.


Panorama 21 Images (Portrait)

I have four sets of skyline panoramas.  This is the most centered one.  There are no huge shadows from the clouds.  And I have all winter to play.  I'm sure there will be more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment