Sunday, November 18, 2018

Two T6s at the Line

As I look/review the images from the Air Races, what I look for keeps changing.  I started with numbers.  Any image with only one subject was not going to make the early cut.  Maybe in February, but not now.  
Then there is excitement.  Multiple aircraft coming at each other.  Fast.
Now I'm looking at straight focus, with prop blur.  Or if that is too much to ask, the prop perpendicular to me so it is basically hidden.
Here are two T-6s crossing downwind of the start finish pylon.
I like this shot because just everything that should be in focus is in focus.  It's tricky to pull that off.  In this case, it is shutter speed.  At 1/2000 sec the props would be frozen.  Because of the angle, it doesn't take away from the shot.


ISO 400, f/8, 1/2000 sec, 450 mm

This shot easily passes the monitor test.  All the sponsor lettering is crisp and clear.  And with the winds, the flags are doing their thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment