Sunday, May 12, 2019

Blue Angel Pilots

One of the subjects I wanted to work on for this airshow was to get closer to the pilots in the cockpit.  I've seen pictures of pilots close up with helmets on and visors down.  Really impressive.  This image was at the maximum extent of my lens, with all the math it is 600 mm.  Plus a little cropping.
That being said, it is still a good image.
I had taken quite a few, but this is the best of the lot.  I want a shot with both pilots looking at the crowd.  If both were waving, that would be a bonus, but I'll take one wave.



This was an interesting image to work with.  There are areas of sharpness, and some with blur.  It took me a while to figure out what was going on.  The blur didn't look 'natural' or camera initiated.  The blur on the rear aircraft is caused by the engine exhaust from the pair in front of this pair.  Issue resolved.



Unfortunately this is about as close as the aircraft got to us, just before taking a taxiway to the runway.  But I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment