Sunday, May 19, 2019

Pelican Banking

Pelican Banking.  That is way too funny.  If I could draw, I'd have the Pelican in a line of Pelicans in front of a bank teller or ATM.
This image from South Carolina is pretty much straight out of the camera.  That is to say I question if it is level or not.  I seem to remember in one flight sequence as the bird was flying almost directly over my head, I was still snapping away.  And when I think of the angles, this could be the result.  I thought about leveling the image to the clouds, but it did not work as well for me.



I didn't know Pelicans had blue eyes.  Looks blue to me.  I didn't do it.  Or enhance it.  Swear.
To me the image is intensely sharp.  The thousands of sea gull shots I took to practice getting in focus BIF paid off here.
The blue, black and red of the Pelican eye is catching.  Stark difference to the yellow of my Eagles.



Lots of interesting things.  the close wing tip with the feathers turned up.  I'm not sure about the tip of the bill, but I'll bet there is a evolutionary reason for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment