Sunday, May 12, 2019

Blue Angels Gear Up

As I don't know a lot about the Blue Angel program, my host told me to watch for the maneuvers shortly after getting into the air.  There is a transition from four in a straight line (for going down the runway at the same time) to a four ship diamond formation.  This four ship diamond formation is the start of their program.
In order to do this, one aircraft must leave the straight line and take place (below) behind the lead aircraft.  Thanks to my host, I was waiting for this to happen.
I wasn't disappointed.  Half of me wanted to see the maneuver, and the other half wanted to see it through the camera.  Guess which half won?



This image didn't need a lot of help.  There is a little cropping for the frame but other than that, it all worked.  By this time of day the sun moved into a better position and was not directly overhead.  As it was also behind us, no shadows.  Recipe for a good image.



The gear is coming up and the #4 is moving into position.  
It always amazes me how light is captured through a lens and funneled to a sensor or film can get detail.  In each aircraft, you can clearly see the pilot and the sky through the cockpit canopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment