Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Pelican Water Landing

While in Charleston, one must see the pelican circus that is in continual performance.  For the most part, I get to see only sea gulls locally.  So I had a request to see pelicans when in Charleston.  We spent some time on a waterway and I now have over 400 pelican pictures.  At least one must be good, right?
I am always in awe of nature photographers that display their catches of a critter in action.  And that action that is part if the image.  With birds in water, wither the landing, take off or fish capture.
In this case, the pelican is in the process of (a crash) landing in the water.  For me, there's lots going on.  The bird, the bird's colors and the water.



This is at the full length of my lens reach, essentially 450 mm.  And it is cropped a bit.  That being said, it is pretty crisp and clear.



In my efforts to "fit a frame', this does it about as well as I can.  In this image, the bigger the better, looks great on the monitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment